Stretch film (technical film, pallet film, industrial film) – is a polymeric material for packaging. It has significant advantages over other film materials such as tensile strength, puncture resistance (shock or burst) and the ability of layers, to not stick to each other.
Elastic stretching of the stretch film in packaging product provides its return to its original state, which ensures cargo fixing and preserves the protective function of packaging.
In general, the technical stretch film is using for packaging goods, and for packaging products of long rotary spiral wrapping.
In order to choose the most suitable stretch film for the packaging of the goods, it is necessary to pay attention to the following factors:
- Cargo type (size, shape, weight);
- Method of packaging;
- Type of equipment used;
- Modes of transportation and loading characteristics;
- Requirements for the retention force and compression force during loading;
- The probability of impact when loading.
Technical stretch film – reliable protection of your goods. The technical stretch film used for packing of cargo on pallets. Pallet stretch serves to protect the products from dust and dirt, and also holds the goods on pallets during loading and during transportation. Contraction force in the film will decrease with time, the rate of this decrease is in proportion with the temperature of the environment
Stretch film (stretch wrap) technical – is winding material that has the ability to stretch (300%) and return to the starting position. Stretch film is resistant to tears, punctures and impact. Due to the high contractible effort and the ability of the parties to adhere to each other the load is held securely.
Stretch film has a different thickness, and in turn, can be used for various kinds of goods:
- For fixing a conventional cargo, 17 microns will be enough
- For securing oversized cargo or cargo with sharp edges, the recommended thickness is 20 microns
- For securing heavy loads (stone blocks, curb tiles) a film thickness of 23 microns will be enough
Stretch film should be stored at a temperature of 50 C to 250C, relative humidity should be less than 80%, the distance from heaters must exceed 1 m. It is also forbidden to hold film next to solvents, acids, and any active chemicals.